Find out more about my recent activities, work and projects. Currently in my work for ALT, I am involved in the Blended Learning Essentials courses on FutureLearn funded by the Ufi Trust. Alongside this I am also continuing my work on leadership as an open practice and I have been acting as a reviewer for submissions to the forthcoming #OER16 conference on Open Culture in Edinburgh in April.
- Awarded CMALT by the Association for Learning Technology and you can read about and access my portfolio openly at https://goo.gl/44I4Bd;
- Highlights from the Bett Show 2016, joint #altc blog post with Martin Hawksey;
- Futurelearn guest blog post: How can we support teachers and trainers using digital technology, 26th Jan;
- Short article about FE policy and the Bett Show in FE Week, 22nd Jan;
- Bett Show 2016: presentation as part of FE & Skills learn live programme (20th Jan) on Blended Learning Essentials, an open course for vocational teachers and trainers on FutureLearn funded by the Ufi Trust.
- OEB15 presentation: Peer based accreditation for agile proffesionalisation in Learning Technology, 3 December, and a number of related blog posts;
- Learning Technology: Re-thinking what’s essential. Article in FE Week as part of the Learning Technology supplement [PDF], December;
- Policy article, FE News, on education and training issues we share, 19 November;
- Parliament TV, giving evidence to the BIS Select Committee as part of the digital economy inquiry as chief executive of the Association for Learning Technology, 10 November. I am in the second evidence session, starting about 1 hour into the programme.
- Leadership and professional development in Learning Technology: series of bog posts and original drawings about undertaking CMALT, Sept – Nov;
- FE staff skills and area based reviews, article in FE News, 15 October;
- A series of blog posts as part of #rhizo15 open course organised by Dave Cormier May – June;
- Building a global ed tech future brick by brick , The Future of Mobile and Technology Enhanced Learning in Higher and Further Education Conference 29 April 2015, The University of Salford (see presentation);
- My ongoing experiment with leadership as an open practice;
- Professional literacies, leadership and learning technology, FE News, 17 April;
- Regular column, FE news including ‘Reflections from the Bett show 2015 on the future of technology for learners‘;
- Interview for the Digital Leader in a Digital Age project, Education and Training Foundation/Oxford Brookes University;
- Member of the Online Educa Berlin Advisory Committee (since 2012);
- Member of the Editorial Board for Research in Learning Technology (since 2012).